Learn About Microblading / Permanent Make-up
What is Microblading?
Microblading is an amazing new twist on semi-permanent makeup for eyebrows. Instead of a solid brow, it creates a three-dimensional look! Emelia uses a microblading pen and pigments that create natural and real looking hair strokes. Just like your natural eyebrows, she can exactly match your hair color. It’s amazing! It’s a two session process, done five weeks apart. The first session takes about two hours. Emelia maps out your eyebrows according to your natural bone structure, eye placement, and face shape. Then you and Emelia will decide on a pigment together and away you go. There’s also no pain because Emelia numbs your eyebrow area before we start. The second session is recommended/required five weeks later to maintain a good healed result. Microblading typically lasts anywhere from six months to three years depending on your skin type, skin care, sun exposure, and aftercare. Emelia likens it to Botox or fillers. Plan on coming in every year for a quick retouch to maintain your wonderful new eyebrows. Don’t leave home without them! Once you have them you’ll see what a difference it makes and how easy your life will be! It’s an automatic eye lift as well!
AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR MICROBLADING?
Microblading is NOT Suited for Everyone:
- Must be 18 years old.
- Can’t be breastfeeding or pregnant.
- Can’t be on antibiotics, fish oil, or diet pills for at least 2 weeks.
- Can’t have any skin conditions or breakouts on the area.
- Need to be off any acne medication for at least 1 month.
- If you have any previous tattooing on the area please call me to discuss cover-up options.
- Also if you have any medical or skin conditions or recent chemotherapy please clear with your physician.
- Make sure you’re not allergic to lidocaine, epinephrine, glycerin, Cetaphil, titanium dioxide. If you’re not sure we can always do a patch test before.
How to Prepare for Your Microblading Appointment:
- Please do all waxing or threading a couple days before.
- No sun exposure on area for a week.
- No medication, ibuprofen, or aspirin 24 hours before your appointment.
- No alcohol two days before.
- No caffeine the day of.
- No Botox at least a couple weeks before.
- After your appointment:
- No strenuous exercise for a week due to sweat possibly causing infection.
- No sun exposure for two weeks.
- We will also give you an in-depth hand out and product to apply to the treated are.
- Please bring any pictures of examples you like.
IMPORTANT: Due to the nature of the procedure no friends and/or children are allowed in the treatment area.